Join now

Expat Charity Cycle Ride to Tohoku (Tokyo)

I would like to take the liberty of mentioning that I am one of ten Tokyo-based British Expats who will cycle 300kms from Tokyo to Minamsoma in Fukushima from April 19th-21st. We are raising funds for the Save Minamisoma Project, set up in the aftermath of the tsunami to feed residents in temporary housing. SMP relies on donations to buy food & water delivered every few weeks by volunteers from Tokyo. The residents, many of them elderly, rely on SMP's support as nuclear contamination has decimated their livelihoods on land and at sea.

We seek the support of the Expat community to promote our ride and to raise as much as we can. I hope that you may be able to circulate this to your connections, directing people to the donation site (below) or if they prefer not to sponsor, they can either like us or follow us on the following to raise awareness:-

Protected content
Protected content

We are also offering businesses in Japan logo space on our jerseys in return for a Y30, Protected content donation as we will be covered by various media before, during and after the ride. Thank you very much for reading, the following link provides more information; Protected content

p.s We are all MAMIL's (middle aged men in lycra) and enjoy a pint so this is a big challenge!

Tokyo Forum

Our Global Partners