Join now
Log in Join

Tax Question (Tokyo)

Hi all,
When I move back permanently in July, I'll be wanting to transfer the contents of my bank accounts here in Australia obviously. Australia and Japan have an anti double taxation treaty.
My question is: as I am taxed in Australia on This money, is it as simple as shifting it over and explaining the situation at tax time? Doing a declaration / having my Australian accountant do one? How would the Japanese tax dept even have any idea if money I send over has already been taxed?
Surely others have found themselves in this situation?
Any help appreciated,

Tokyo Forum