Employment (Tax Specialist) (Toronto)
•Ann Huey’s team
•Mat leave replacement
•Start date September 1, Protected content August 31, Protected content
•Job location – Toronto (Preferred) or Montreal (SAP Office) - Mon-Fri not remote
•Bilingual – French, English
This position is responsible for tax compliance, reporting and analysis, and financial accounting functions. A key responsibility is to coordinate the preparation of technical reports required to obtain federal and provincial research and development tax incentive credits, under the direction of SAP Canada’s Tax Manager. Other responsibilities include preparation of monthly sales tax returns and withholding tax analysis. The balance of the work involves financial accounting tasks.
Expectations and tasks:
• Coordinate the preparation of technical reports required to obtain federal and provincial research and development incentive credits, under the direction of SAP Canada’s Tax Manager. This involves coordinating with local Technical Experts to provide relevant details regarding R&D projects, working with our local external Tax Advisor to review and revise eligible salaries, costs & materials for eligible projects, calculating and maximizing tax incentives (Quebec E-Business tax credit, federal & provincial SR&ED tax credits) and assisting with related Government audits. It also involves researching and staying current on R&D credits available in Canada.
• Prepare monthly sales tax returns
• Prepare monthly withholding tax analysis and remit withholding tax payments
• Conduct internal sales tax audits, report and resolve issues identified
• Participate in the monthly close process including posting journal entries, reviewing and reconciling balance sheet and profit and loss accounts
• Assist with tax audits and other finance and accounting tasks and responsibilities as required
• Fully utilize SAP Financial and Reporting Applications
Please contact me if you have any questions or know someone who might be interested and Can do the job