Join now

Exclusive Invitation to IN members, Book launch (Toronto)

Book Launch – Escape From Eire: A memoir of love and adventure in Ireland

Date: Thursday 16th January, Protected content
Time: 6:00 – 8:00pm
Venue: The Office of Consulate General of Trinidad and Tobago Protected content Ave W, Toronto, ON M2N 1M9

RSVP by January 14th Protected content , Protected content

Protected content

Join us for an interactive session of book readings, slide shows and videos of author, Jennylynd James’ adventures in Ireland!

Escape from Éire gives insight into Irish attitudes and traits as seen though the eyes of a new immigrant. With a mix of warmth, joy, and hope, it explores the highs and lows of settling in a new country. Humorous trials are endured like Irish speed dating, disastrous home renovations, and maniacal bosses. Escape from Éire shows how hard work and determination, combined with an easygoing, fearless attitude can bring great success against the odds.

Here is what readers are saying about the book…
“Written with warmth and generosity, the book shows the author’s quest to start a new life, a new business, and a new love.” Felice Gorica; TV Producer
“Escape from Eire was quite fascinating. My knowledge of contemporary Ireland comes from reading Roddy Doyle and your accounts of pub and dance scenes reminded of that. The book, like you, bubbles along with such enthusiasm that I was ill-prepared for the final chapter. Thanks for sharing so generously.” Daniel Parkinson; Toronto Mendelssohn Choir

“What an adventure! I feel like it was a travelogue of Ireland, a love story, a business story, and a mothering story all in one. Lovely and inspiring read. Congrats.” Marguerite Orane; Strategic Business Planning, Motivational Speaker
“Read it and loved it, loved the humour. Congrats” Arlene Washington, Bermuda

“It’s a cracking read. Well done! I'd say it will be of interest for anyone who is thinking of starting a small business. It's certainly very enlightening. What struck me most about your book was just how hard you worked. As the mother of a 15 year old girl, that second last chapter had me in tears.” Sandra O’Connell, Sunday Times, Ireland

Get your copy today
Protected content E-books on Amazon Kindle
Protected content
Contact the Author: Jennylynd James at Protected content

Toronto Forum

Our Global Partners