Join now

Help an LGTBQ Newcomer (Toronto)

We all know that moving to a new country is HARD! Please help make it easier on a refugee I am helping to sponsor.
-Laura

Protected content

I recently began volunteering with an organization called Rainbow Railroad. Rainbow Railroad is a non-profit organization that help LGTBQI individuals escape violence and persecution in their native countries and assists with their transition to life in a new country. We recently found of that the refugee my group is sponsoring will be arriving the first week of October!. I can tell you from experience that immigrating to a new country can be incredibly hard and stressful under the best circumstances. I would appreciate your help in supporting this person and making her transition as comfortable as possible.

Rainbow Railroad partners with the United Nations, who identifies LGTBQI individuals whose lives are in immediate physical danger, and passes their cases on to the Canadian government to grant those individuals refugee status upon arrival. Once they arrive Rainbow Railroad provides support and assistance to the individual as they begin the process of a new life in a foreign country. Many of these newcomers have had to flee their home countries and are currently living in refugee camps where their lives are still in danger. To date, Rainbow Railroad has helped over Protected content find a path to safety to start a new life. More information about the organization can be found here. I also added more information below.

I am working with a team of five other volunteers to support a young woman from Uganda, who who cannot return home due to her sexual orientation. She will be arriving in Canada to begin a new life within the next few months. One of the ways that we will be supporting this newcomer is by fundraising money to support her through her first year in Canada. This money will help her to find a home, clothing and become more stabilized in her new environment. Our goal is to reach $ Protected content . If you are interested in donating to our fundraising campaign, you can donate here.

If you have any questions about Rainbow Railroad or our fundraising campaign please feel free to reach out.

Thank you,
Laura

View this email in your browser

In over 70 countries, countless LGBTQI individuals experience life-threatening discrimination, hostility, and violence everyday.

To help fight back, I am volunteering with Rainbow Railroad to support an LGBTQI person escape violence in their home country and resettle in Canada. They are expected to be arriving in early October. We are aiming to raise $12,000from the community to support them through their first year. I hope you will join me and consider donating to this important cause.

Donate to support an LGBTQI refugee

OUR MISSION

I am working with a team of five other Rainbow Railroad volunteers to support a young woman from Uganda. This woman cannot safely return home, where she would be vulnerable to violent discrimination because of her sexual orientation. Thankfully, she will be arriving in Canada within the next few months, but she needs support to begin her new life. One of the ways that our team will be aiding this newcomer is by fundraising money to support her first year in Canada. Our goal is to raise at least $12,000. This money will help her to secure housing, clothing, and stability in her new environment. If you are interested in donating to our fundraising campaign, you can donate here.

SAVE A LGBTQI LIFE

ABOUT RAINBOW RAILROAD

Rainbow Railroad is a non-profit organization that helps LGTBQI individuals escape discrimination, violence and persecution in their homeland by relocating them to a safer country and preparing them for success in their new environment. Rainbow Railroad partners with the United Nations, who identifies LGTBQI individuals whose lives are in immediate physical danger, and passes their cases on to the Canadian government to grant those individuals refugee status upon arrival. Once they arrive Rainbow Railroad provides support and assistance to the individual as they begin the process of a new life in a foreign country. Many of these newcomers have had to flee their home countries and are currently living in refugee camps where their lives are still in danger. To date, Rainbow Railroad has helped over Protected content find a path to safety to start a new life. More information about the organization can be found here.

Donate to support an LGBTQI refugee
If you have any questions about Rainbow Railroad or our fundraising campaign, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you,

Toronto Forum

Our Global Partners