Join now

Moving to Toronto from Ireland with children

HI There,
myself and my husband are considering the big (huge in fact) move to Toronto. We have small children ages 9,7 3 and 2. I have years of experience working in the public sector here in Ireland with a strong background in Finance and HR. I am due to graduate with a post grad in Primary School Teaching this summer. My husband is a plumber but he would have trained as a plumber years and years ago here in Ireland when no certificates were given out.
I have spent hours on the internet trying to find a starting point but I get very overwhelmed each time. I am trying to find out the expenses involved in moving but especially costs of education, healthcare, doctor fees, medicines, childcare in Ontario. We have picked Ontario as it seems relatively easy to get back to IReland.
I am looking for honest advice on the position for finding work for my husband and for myself either in Finance, HR, office work but my preference is teaching. what kind of money could we potentially earn?
Sorry for all the questions but with the kids we have to make sure we are financially better off with the move.
Thanks for any advice!

Toronto Forum

Our Global Partners