Scandinavian Accountant - Markham-based (Toronto)
We are currently seeking a diligent, detail-oriented, Danish-, Norwegian-, or Swedish-speaking Accountant to provide support services in accounting through accounts processing, reconciliation of accounts and invoice preparation. This position is Markham-based, but will support offices in the Scandinavian Region.
• Prepare or review request for invoices and revenue recognition calculations.
• Reconciles accounts receivable with the company's central account statements by identifying outstanding transactions, resolving discrepancies, and verifying, coding and recording all financial data.
• Verifies and processes documentation for accounts payable, audits and controls commitments, and enters financial data into the accounting system.
• Controls a system of follow-up and corrective actions, verifies journal vouchers, inventory records and travel claims, and posts ledger and general journal entries.
• Performs related duties such as compiling statistics, preparing financial reports, reviewing supplier accounts, and investigating unusual expenses.
• Analyzes various ledgers and identifies potential problems requiring corrective action to eliminate any anticipated discrepancies.
• Reviews accounts processing system and assesses the need for new or changed procedures.
• Follows workplace operating and environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines.
• The above describes essential responsibilities and activities that are typical for an incumbent in this job. This is not intended as an exhaustive list of tasks performed. Depending on organizational requirements, other duties may be assigned.
• Strong and enthusiastic communication skills
• Proven problem solving skills
• Analytical skills
• Experience working with Great Plains is an asset
• 3+ years of directly relevant experience
• Speaks Danish, Norwegian, or Swedish
• bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About the Company:
Enghouse Systems Limited is a Canadian-based, publicly-traded, leading enterprise application software company. Its strategy is to grow both organically and through acquisitions, thereby enabling expansion in scale, product portfolio and geographical foot print.
Interested candidates should apply to Protected content with the subject line, "Scandinavian Accountant". Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. We thank all those who are interested.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.