Join now

To Toronto from Sydney Aust.. with 13yr old!

Views

Hi all! Long time reader and have just joined to post today!

I have been offered a transfer via my work to Toronto commencing after Sept Protected content is flexi)

I am 34 and widowed with a 13yr old son who will be at the end of his first year in high school here in Oz and will (i believe) be starting in Yr 8 in Toronto

My work place is in the city on Bay St and I have been looking for apartments but I wanted to find a school for him first.. I've looked up rankings and such but would prefer feedback from other expats who have kids in schools to help me decide

Is there a main schoo in central Torontol that is popular with expat kids? Are there any fellow aussies on this forum that have kids in schools and which ones are they? I think that it would help my son adjust and settle in a new country if there are kids with mutual circumstances around him.. (and please correct me if I am wrong and you have had a different experience)

Ideally I will be looking for accomodation that is halfway between my work and his school (with priority towards the school so its easier for my son to get there)

Thank you!

Lara

Toronto Forum

Our Global Partners