Join now

Satya Yoga *WATER* Sequence Oct 27th - Dec 18th (Toulouse)

Bonjour Everyone!

The year is underway. Foundations are set. We're in the swing of things. The Yoga Synergy WATER sequence starts today to take us through to the end of the calendar year. The second of the 5 sequences we practise through the year, WATER offers a deepening into our asana practice, the postures and their variations, as well as a chance to practise with less resistance. Resistance in our bodies is a useful property but it also, especially when there's too much of it, blocks the flow of blood and energy and can cause discomfort and pain (not to mention a funny walk, just think of competitive bodybuilders!) so must be used with intention and intelligence. In yoga this applies most obviously to the musculo-skeletal system but as we feel the cooler weather set in this becomes especially relevant to the functioning of our immune systems too. Of course this is true off the mat as well where too much resistance often causes tension and suffering in our mental and emotional being. In the WATER sequence we are reminded of the benefit of finding flow, the path of least resistance, the buoyancy of the current. We move like fish in water.

The big news for this sequence is that we have a new space for our Saturday morning class! Le Bonheur est dans le Pot has a lovely space downstairs and for those who'd like, we can share a delicious, organic, mostly vegetarian brunch afterwards. I'm so looking forward to classes there! Please note however that due to the public holiday on Nov 1st we'll be starting Nov 8th.

Timetable for this sequence:
@le Jardin Culturel Protected content Saint-Bernard, Protected content
Tuesday 19: Protected content Open class
Wednesday 19: Protected content Beginner class
Thursday 19: Protected content Advanced class

@Le Bonheur est dans le Pot Protected content Saint-Pierre, Protected content
Saturday 11: Protected content Open Class

No matter which level you prefer, we will work progressively through each sequence, building and adding each week toward a more flowing, meditative, silent practice; and we will work responsively, respecting the body we bring to the mat each class and adjusting where necessary to nourish it and avoid injury. All classes are drop-in so you don't need to book in advance and all you need is comfortable clothes that you can move freely in and an empty belly.

Drop-in classes are 15€, 10-class passes (valid for 10 weeks Protected content or the 'unlimited' 4-week pass for 80€.
Private classes, small group classes and corporate classes are also available. Call me for details - Protected content if anyone knows of a space which is yoga 'friendly' I'd be more than willing to start a new class pretty much anywhere. Just ask!

For those new to (or confused by) the new system:
*Open classes* are exactly that... open to everyone. Suitable for all ages and levels of fitness and experience.
*Beginner classes* move more slowly through the sequence and have more instruction and explanation so these classes are perfect for those with little or no yoga experience, those carrying injuries and those more experienced who want to work on the foundations of their practice. Classes can be 'easy' or 'difficult' so don't think it's a free ride!
*Advanced classes* are for those who have been coming to my classes for a while or for those with prior yoga experience who would like to go a little deeper in their practice. Of course we'll play with some of the 'fancier' postures but the advanced practitioner is one who respects their body and is responsive to what it needs at any given time (especially when that means backing off), not necessarily the one who can get into yoga nidrasana without using their hands!
*Meditation and Pranayama classes* will continue to run once a month for those who are interested in taking things to the next level or trying something different. We'll work with various techniques to extend our breath, calm our minds and cultivate qualities such as compassion, loving kindness and equanimity. These classes are open to everyone and the next one will be Nov 15th.
*Flow classes* will also continue to run once or twice a month so we can PLAY with the current sequence. With no instruction and only the sounds of whatever music takes our fancy to accompany us, these classes are for people already familiar with the Yoga Synergy style who are comfortable adjusting the practice to suit their own needs.
*Pregnancy Yoga classes* specially adapted for those expecting. These will be on a more private basis depending on the group so contact me for details.
*Kids Yoga classes offer a chance to play and explore with your munchkins. Saturday mornings are not just a chance to have fun with these little people but a great opportunity for them to develop balance, strength, flexibility, concentration and more! Again, contact me to reserve your spots.

Of course I'm taking appointments for Swedish, Remedial and Deep-Tissue/ Sports Therapy massages in Patte d'Oie. Plus, if you're already thinking about Christmas presents, I have gift certificates available and ready to make someone's day!

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all and of course to share this with anyone you think might be interested. Looking forward to sharing another of my favourite sequences with you all!

Hope you're smiling :)

Namaste,
Zoe

The 5 sequences I teach throughout the year are from Yoga Synergy in Sydney. More from their website yogasynergy.com:
The Yoga Synergy sequences were named in honour of the pancha mahabhuta (5 Great Elements) of Hinduism and Ayurveda that are believed to make up all of creation, including the human body - which, upon death, dissolves into these five elements of nature, thereby balancing the cycle of nature set in motion by the creative force of the universe.
Each of the five elements is associated with one of the five senses, and acts as the gross medium for the experience of sensations. According to Hindu thought, the basest element, Earth (prithvi, kshiti or bhūmi) was created using all the other elements and thus can be perceived by all five senses - hearing, touch, taste, smell, and sight. The next element, Water (aap or jala), has no odour but can be seen, tasted, heard, and felt. Next comes Fire (tejas or agni), which can be seen, heard and felt. Air (vaayu, marutor pavan ) can be heard and felt. Ether (akasha) is the medium of sound but is inaccessible to all other senses. Hindus believe that the universal creative force used akasha, the most "subtle" element, to create the other four traditional elements; each element created is in turn used to create the next, each less subtle than the last.

Water
Water is the second of the 5 sequences - the year is underway, routine established, the weather cooling down, but still comfortable. Water is the binding element, the conductor of all the other elements, necessary for survival. Our blood, lymph and other fluids move between our cells and through our vessels, bringing energy, carrying away wastes, regulating temperature, bringing disease fighters, and carrying hormonal information from one area to another. The water sequence practice boosts our immune system in preparation for the winter. The intention with which we practice the water sequence is to bring about change through fluid movement."

Toulouse Forum

Our Global Partners