Join now

Health Minister with spunk! (Trinidad & Tobago)

Traveling to work one morning, the radio show with Dr. Job, was on the air and there was a discussion on the new Health Minister. Comments were made about how short her dress was when she visited the hospital and why was she surprised to see a hole in the ceiling of the roof in the hospital that she visited etc. By the time they finished lambasing the woman, my perception of her was badly tainted.

Later in the week, I just happened to be tuned into the TV channel that was doing a re-run of the Minister's visit to the hospital. Well, I have to say that I was amazed at how the announcers on the radio show were biased in their comments. First of all, there was nothing wrong with the length of the Minister's dress. The hem was probably about 4" above the knee. The Minister obviously does not lack self confidence and is very comfortable with her size.

After listening to her, she struck me as a nonsense person and very confident in her skills to run the Ministry well. The question that I would like to ask is: How come she was able to find out about the sale of blood so fast and take positive action to stop this practice? I am not convinced that the last Minister of Health was not aware of the "chit system" to get blood urgently needed. This raises the question as to "what was he really doing to improve the health care system in Trinidad"?

This is the reason that people in Trinidad voted for change - can you really blame them?

Trinidad & Tobago Forum

Our Global Partners