Join now

The Jazz Alliance of Trinidad and Tobago (JATT) (Trinidad & Tobago)

Press Release FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
DELFEAYO MARSALIS TO
JAZZUP THE RUNWAY’

Come Sunday 29th May Protected content , The Jazz Alliance of Trinidad and Tobago (JATT) will stage their second annual ‘Jazzup The Runway’ with a Mind Blowing jazz cast stemming from New Orleans, Detroit Michigan, and one of our sister isles including Trinidad’s Finest Fashion Designers.

This year, ‘Jazzup The Runway’ will feature one of the top trombonists, composers and producers in jazz today, Delfeayo Marsalis, known for his “technical excellence, inventive mind and frequent touches of humor…” (Leonard Feather, Los Angeles Times), he is “…one of the best, most imaginative and musical of the trombonists of his generation.” (Philip Elwood, San Francisco Examiner.)

In January Protected content , Delfeayo and the Marsalis family (father Ellis and brothers Branford, Wynton and Jason) earned the nation’s highest jazz honor – a National Endowment for the Arts Jazz Masters Award.

Born in New Orleans on July 28, Protected content , Marsalis was destined to a life in music. “I remember my dad (Ellis Marsalis) playing piano at the house, and me laying underneath the piano as a child, listening to him play. After briefly trying bass and drums, in sixth grade I gravitated towards the trombone, which was an extension of my personality. Early on my influences and inspirations included J.J. Johnson, Curtis Fuller, Al Grey, Tyree Glenn and Tommy Dorsey.” Marsalis attended the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts high school, was classically trained at the Eastern Music Festival and Tanglewood Institute, and majored in both performance and audio production at the Berklee College of Music. For more on Delfeayo Marsalis visit
Protected content

Stay tuned for tickets cost and locations or for more info call: Protected content Protected content visit our website Protected content

Trinidad & Tobago Forum

Our Global Partners