Join now

Vision 20/20 with the 1st female Prime Minister (Trinidad & Tobago)

Last night will be recorded in the history books as a night to remember. I, for the first time in my life stayed up to the bitter end of the elections results and into the morning for the victory speech by Mrs. Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

Usually, when I express my opinions re politics, my husband will give a sound that a parent will give to a child who obviously does not know what they would be talking about. I told my husband that based on the following observations:

1. The very powerful tv campaign ads that the people's partnership had running on the radio and tv stations;
2. the discontentment of certain members within the PNM Party;
3. the fact that every school child knew about UDECOTT, Calder Hart and the talk of corruption;
4. the unanswered questions on the Guanapo Church construction etc;
5. PNM only addressing what they had already achieved in the last couple years;
6. Collapse of the wall and roof of the President’s house;
7. The wrongful use of the President’s crest;
8. Most of all, dictatorship signs not just by the leader but also his lieutenants

would be enough to get the young people and the people liming on the fence to go and vote for change. I just could not see people voting for another Venezuela and Cuba in the Caribbean. We love our freedom too much.

As the Trinidad and Tobago maps became a sea of yellow, my husband was going through mixed emotions because he was of the opinion, like a lot of people, that the results were going to be PP 24, PNM 18. Not the PP 29, PNM 13. My prediction of PP wining by a landslide was now a reality and I felt that my opinions were now going to count for something.

Protected content the period of emerging change throughout the world and Trinidad and Tobago is just one piece of the major plan. Economies are in trouble, businesses have collapsed and oppositions are forming the government.

Napoleon Hill in his book “Think and Grow Rich” wrote “business is due for reform, make no mistake about this! The methods of the past, based upon economic combinations of Force and Fear, will be supplanted by the better principles of Faith and cooperation…..” “Moreover, and this is the most important thing of all – they (people) will be led by leaders who will understand and apply the principles employed by Mahatma Gandhi. Only in this way may leaders get from their followers the spirit of Full cooperation which constitutes power in its highest and most enduring form”.

From where I sit, history is just repeating itself and people are not paying attention. Messrs Persad-Bissessar and Warner’s speeches encompassed the ideals that people wanted to hear from them. Jack Warner has certainly gone into the history books as the man behind the 1st woman Prime Minister of Trinidad & Tobago.

I remember years ago having a conversation with Jack Warner, whereby he explained to me, as a lecturer to a student, how the system in the world of football worked. I was amazed at how clearly he understood the intricacies of the system and he played like a true chess master. Again, it is very clear to me how Jack Warner has discovered the “missing link” in all systems of education known to civilization today. That is the failure of educational institutions to teach their students

1. HOW TO ORGANIZE AND USE KNOWLEDGE AFTER THEY ACQUIRE IT AND

2. IT PAYS TO KNOW HOW TO PURCHASE KNOWLEDGE

Kudos go out to Jack Warner and he has come a long way. Another important principle that Jack has implemented is the MASTER MIND ALLIANCE. He would have had to decide what advantages and benefits that he would have had to offer individual members of the group, in return for their cooperation. No one will work indefinitely without some form of compensation. As I am, reading the same book that he must have read, I am seeing the principles that he is now using to his benefit.

Congratulations to Mrs. Persad-Bissessar. I voted for change, the 1st female Prime Minister of Trinidad & Tobago and consultation with the people. Could no longer handle the arrogance and disregard for the people. My encounter with Mrs. Bissessar was last year November when my husband and I was at the airport in Antigua returning home from a conference. The first thing that struck me was how short and slim she was. This was not the same woman that I am accustom seeing on the tv. I really thought she was taller. She stood in line like everybody else and waited with a young woman to get on the plane. I could not help but to continue to look at her because my mind was trying to reconcile the physical being with the perceived image of her. At Piarco airport, in the ladies bathroom, I went up to her and introduced myself and asked whether she had heard of “Life Coaching”. I then gave her my husband’s business card with my name on the back, inviting her to contact me if she ever wanted to get more information. After all, she is a wife and mother who experience the same issues that women experience on a daily basis. Then, I watched how the custom officer dealt with her in the red line. She was “yes maam, no maam”. Very polite, although I could tell that she was not happy about being made to wait forever just to pay for the items. Her companion by this time had proceeded out of the area and left her on her own. I remember thinking to myself that this lady could one day become the Prime Minister of this country, I dismissed the thought. Well, she certainly proved me wrong.

Life after a divorce is viewed as a new beginning and adventure. I look forward to this divorce. As the song goes: “You can bend but never break me, cause it only serves to make me, more determined to achieve my finally goal, and I’ll come back even stronger, not a novice any longer, cause you’ve deepen the conviction in my soul….”

Trinidad & Tobago Forum

Our Global Partners