Join now

Living in Tripoli within a couple of months

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I'm feeling more at ease having some information given to me from here before I actually go to Tripoli. I have been offered a very good job with an international company that has appointed me to take care of their ICT needs in Libya. I will be moving there within Protected content time and I'll be staying in a building that is owned by company. It will be divided into offices and residents, therefore transport to and from work is not an issue. I am 28 years old and I will be travelling alone to and from the airport every now and then. The company will provide its own security for the whole building along with good standards. The building is situated near the Refak University. This is suppose to be a safe area. Is it?

I am here basically to get to know what are the dos and don't over there so I don't upset anyone or go against any rules. I would like to know:
1) From where I can buy food/ groceries.
2) I am an active person and I would like to check if there are any gyms in the area.
3) Is it safe to walk around during the day time? Until what time is it considered safe?
4) Are there any good restaurants in the area? I like Libyan, Indian and Mediterranean foods.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Tripoli Forum

Our Global Partners