this is an interesting opening in my department, initially 60 days ( part-time with flexibility in schedule) with potential fopr extension if both sides are happy.
Pleas esend me yur CV at the soonest if you are interested. my email is Protected content
Position Title: Senior Communication Consultant
The African Development Bank (AfDB), temporarily based in Tunis, Tunisia, is a regional multilateral development bank whose shareholders include 53 African countries and 24 non-African countries. The AfDB mission is to contribute to the fight against poverty by improving living conditions for Africans, and mobilize resources for social and economic development of its regional member countries.
The mission of the new Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Change (ONEC) is to spearhead the Bank’s lending and non-lending operations in the areas of energy, environment and climate change. It will support mainstreaming of environment and climate change into Bank’s infrastructure operations as well as lead on advice and evaluation of lessons learned for incorporation into policy and programmes development.
The Department will:
• Contribute to the preparation of policies and strategies for Bank Group intervention on energy, environment and climate change;
• Conduct technical and sector studies and analyses in connection with the lending programmes;
• Identify, prepare, appraise and assist in implementation of Bank Group financed energy, environment and climate change components/projects;
• Provide technical services in the implementation of Country Programmes related to energy, environment and climate change;
• Provide the required technical skills to design national and multinational projects that respond to the needs of the RMCs and RECs based on their priorities and selectivity;
• Monitor energy, environment and climate change developments and Bank activities in these sectors across the continent; develop sector strategies and operational plans; contribute to country and regional strategies and operational plans; contribute to country and regional strategy papers; undertake relevant studies and analyses; etc;
• Participate in the relevant Bank’s Networks of Experts, mapping sector expertise, cross-fertilization, and exchange of views;
• Represent the Bank at international events covering these issues.
The Energy, Environment and Climate Change Department (ONEC) as a new department in the Bank, seeks to recruit an experienced communication consultant.
• To provide expert advices in the areas of communication strategies and activities for the communication activities of ONEC.
• To ensure the efficient gathering, editing and dissemination through various channels of all Bank information to be disclosed regarding ONEC.
• To ensure maximum impact of ONEC’s projects and activities inside and outside the Bank through various channels, notably the web.
Under the Supervision of the Director, ONEC, and in close cooperation with the of the AfDB’s External Relations and Communications Unit (ERCU), the incumbent has responsibility to devise and implement communication activities of the Department and to prepare/finalize related communication products.
In particular, the incumbent is expected to:
• Provide top quality expert advices regarding daily communication activities of the Department; including but not limited to researching and elaborating a monthly overview of relevant conferences to be attended by ONEC staff.
• Collaborate on ONEC’s communication approach, including key messages, images, website content and organization.
• Help prioritize ONEC’s event participation and work as focal point on AfDB ‘s sponsoring and organization of events to maximize AFDB visibility, networking, and learning opportunities in Energy, Environment and Climate Change.
• Develop and populate a database of communication deliverables (PPT, projects briefs, etc.)
• Oversee the content and quality of communication products associated with all internal and external activities realized by the Director and the Department, notably key actions undertaken during various missions and workshops;
• Write and/or review information pertaining to the Department before its dissemination (speeches, presentations, press releases, project briefs, brochures, web stories, multimedia products, etc.);
• Propose improvements to procedures and practices for information structure and content creation processes to ensure better efficiency and effectiveness of the department’s communication activities and products;
• Advice the Director on any matter aimed at improving the efficiency of Bank’s overall communication activities.
4. SELECTION CRITERIA
• Master degree in communication, political science, sociology, journalism, economics, or related field;
• At least 3 years of experience in communication, including in an international organization or international context;
• Demonstrated experience and abilities in servicing management on a daily basis;
• Demonstrated abilities to manage complex and sensitive issues in an international context, and manage and deliver under pressure;
• Above average strategic and operational skills;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, multicultural abilities, rigor, sound judgment, availability;
• Exceptional writing, editing, verbal skills, thoughtful printed communication collateral;
• Strong ability to communicate and read effectively in English AND French;
• Competence in the use of standard software products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
The consultancy will be for a period of 60 working days over a 4 month period.
The consultant will provide an initial 60 working days of services, with assignments to be carried out at AfDB Temporary Relocation Agency in Tunis. The Bank will provide the consultant with all the necessary support including:
(iii) Providing all the necessary Bank documents, reports, guidelines etc
(iv) Providing office space and logistical support