POSITION: Events Coordinator - (Local Hire)
REGIONAL OFFICE, TUNISIA
Coxswain Social Investment plus is a regional consulting company that seeks to create better investments in African economies. CSI+ provides strategic advice and consulting services to international organizations and corporations on social investments. We offer a host of services around social investment activities, including research and assessments, assistance in the development of strategic plans, business development advice, marketing, and communication support, events management, and media relations.
In addition to our offices in South Africa, Nigeria, and Denmark, we have a business center in Tunis, Tunisia catering to the North African, Asian and Middle East Markets. As part of its Tunis-based offerings, CSI+ organizes meetings and events that have a development purpose. CSI+ engages in events management when we have the opportunity to contribute to the agenda and organize an event that achieves its objectives.
We currently seek a full-time events coordinator to oversee, manage and coordinate meetings and events, and contribute to communications and reporting assignments as needed.
The coordinator’s duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage, coordinate and execute meetings, workshops and events for clients or the company in and beyond Tunisia. Assignments will include a variety of tasks such as liaison with client representatives, outreach and support to meeting participants, coordination of vendors, interpreters, consultants as well as other internal and external audiences.
• Ensure events are designed and executed to meet the client’s goals, including offering suggestions for improving the event’s organization, agenda, facilitation strategy, participants, or other elements.
• Contributes to corporate communication materials, such as website updates, outreach, articles and online /direct promotion.
• Maintain a vendor database and oversee production of printed and other materials.
• Contribute to a range of client assignments, including assessments, evaluation documents and reports.
• Undertake research as required by clients or assignments. This may include desk-review, internet searches or library research.
• Engage with clients and consultants on a case-by-case basis, including through phone calls, emails and participation in meetings.
• Edit and/or provide input for client projects or deliverables as needed.
• Represent CSI+ and its interests with clients, authorities and third parties when needed, notably in building the client base for meeting and events management services
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor.
A. Education: Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, regional studies, communications, or other related field. A Master’s degree in above topics is preferred.
B. Prior Work Experience: At least three years relevant experience such as in international development, event planning, human resources, training, customer service, etc. desired.
C. Language Proficiency: Strong written and oral communications skills in French required. Proficiency in English strongly desired and working knowledge of other languages desired.
D. Knowledge: Knowledge of and/or experience with international development organizations or civil society organizations required. Knowledge of current events, politics, society and development issues in the Middle East and North Africa and/or Sub-Saharan Africa required.
E. Skills and Abilities: Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required. Demonstrated ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently is required. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and use time effectively is required. Ability and willingness to travel for work is required. Demonstrated commitment to high quality client service required.
A. Supervision Received: The incumbent is supervised by and receives overall guidance from the Regional Director. The incumbent prioritizes work and independently accomplishes assignments, seeking guidance if any problems or conflicts arise.
B. Exercise of Judgment: The incumbent exercises judgment in managing diverse programmatic and administrative tasks as well as managing relationships with training center, events, and other clients in Tunis and globally.
C. Authority to Make Commitments: None.
D. Nature, Level, and Purpose of Contacts: The incumbent maintains contact with clients worldwide to manage project activities, gather and/or provide information, and to follow up on required actions.
E. Supervision Exercised: None.
F. Remuneration: This is a local hire positions compensated according to relevant experience and skills.
APPLICATIONS: Interested applicants should send their CV with 3 references and a cover letter to Protected content by March 5, Protected content . Please list “Events Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.