Join now

Experience Tunisian culture through cooking

My husband and I have had a Tunisian woman, Khamisa, cook us dinner Protected content a week for the past few months, and it has been the highlight of our stay here. We are going back to the US soon, and she will be able to take on another family.

Please send me a message if you are interested or call me at Protected content . Khamisa helped me learn how to find the best markets to go to, and where to shop and what to buy. After she helped me get oriented, I could go shopping and buy whatever I thought looked interesting or good, and she figured out what to make with it. Some of our favorite dishes are couscous, chicken tagine, and mechouia.

She lives in La Marsa and only speaks Arabic. She charges 30 dinars a meal, and is usually at the house for a few hours preparing a multi-course meal and doing all clean up. Her cooking is outstanding, only surpassed by her sparkling personality. You will love having her around - despite our language barrier (I speak no Arabic), she has a phenomenal sense of humor and made us feel loved and welcomed in Tunisia. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

Tunis Forum

Our Global Partners