Join now

Introduction (Valencia)

Hi everyone

My name is Katie and my husband (retired NYPD) are looking to move to Spain. We spent 20 days there in Protected content out areas and Alicante/Valencia are really are top choices in terms of location. However we are not dead set on either. Of course like many of you, I fell in love with Valencia. I am 33, he is 44 and we are both American. His pension will be more than enough for us to live on, however, I am on the hunt for a job. I guess I have two main questions. The first is- what did other Americans in this forum do to move to Spain. Do most of you work or is it mostly retirees? Secondly, what would be the best way to even go about getting a job there? Essentially, should I bother trying from America, or should we move there and I make the rounds in that way? I have experience in banking and advertising, however I am looking for any job to get my foot in the door. It is more about establishing ourselves there, so pay is no real concern since we will have his pension.

I am sorry if this seems scattered, I am just trying to see what sort of advice people have. Thank you!

Valencia Forum

Our Global Partners