Join now

Advice on moving to Canada (Vancouver)

Views

Well, this seems to be a popular topic! :) I've checked out the websites and done my research on visas, but I'm more interested in what advice Canadians can offer on the general day-to-day living in Canada (Vancouver/BC specifically, but Manitoba would be good too), as in how cheap/expensive it is, how strong the economy is, how easy/difficult it is to find a job, how bad the winters really are....just to start. :) The reason I ask? I'm thinking of moving, would really love to, but have had a rather negative response from people who live in Canada, about how expensive it is and how difficult it is to get there and find work. I was just wondering what others thought.

Also, I have my own gardening business here, and I'm a wildlife/nature photographer. I say I'm professional for both because I get paid for both, but I have no certificates to say I can do those things. Will that be a problem? I'm also going to get my personal trainer's certificate next week (when I've saved up for the course!) - will that make any difference at all to moving or not? I mean will it make a better chance or not. Sorry if this has already been talked about, and thanks in advance for any help.

Sam

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Vancouver Forum