Join now

Childcare in Vancouver and the Tricities

Views

Hello!

I am a new member moving to Vancouver this Christmas with my fiance and our three children. We are Immigrating from Sweden, My fiance will be studying full time in Down Town Vancouver and I have been offered a job in Coquitlam. We will probably settle in Coquitlam area as we have been told that the housing is much cheaper in the outside areas of Vancouver as our budget for a Townhouse is Protected content . My fiance will commute by train or bus to get to his University, so that is not a problem. Our only concern is child care for our three boys aged 5, 3, and 19 months old. Our oldest will turn 6 in February so he will start elementary school after Winter. All types of advice will be greatly appreciated.

Is there anyone who have been going through similar experiences? Where and how did you find decent and affordable child care? How much approximately does it cost? Any housing advice is also welcome, We are looking for a family friendly neighbourhood close to shopping malls, transport to Vancouver, close to schools etc.

We are looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment, Condo but preferably a townhouse or similar that is spacious enough for the children to run around.

Thank you kindly for all your feedback!

Kind Regards/
Atta

Vancouver Forum

Our Global Partners