Join now

Invitation: "Global Employee Career Survey" (Vancouver)

Dear Global Employee:

I am writing to invite you to participate in a research study about global work experiences. This study is for my doctoral dissertation and part of a global research program, The Global Employee Career Motivation Project.. For this phase of our research, I am especially interested in finding out more about how various aspects of global work and global environment affect employees' career motivation and well-being. I understand how busy you are, but I am hoping you can give me about 20 minutes.

Thus, I am inviting you to complete our web survey. If you agree to participate, please go to the following URL and complete the survey posted there within the next two weeks:

Protected content

In return for your participation in this study, you will be eligible to participate in a lucky draw for a chance to win a US$50.00 (or equal value) Visa gift card. As ten prizes will be awarded out of approximately Protected content employees, you will have a 10% chance of winning one of the gift cards.

Because global employment is a process that occurs over time, we would like to contact you in the future to learn how you are faring as a global employee. Therefore, we will invite you to participate in two follow-up studies six months and a year later. Everyone who completes the second and the third survey will again have another opportunity to enter a lucky draw for ten US$50.00 Visa gift cards respectively in each phase of the survey.

All survey responses will be completely confidential. No one other than the researchers will ever see them. Results and conclusions from the survey will be presented only as summaries in which no individual answers can be identified.

I know these requests are sometimes a pain. And, I know your time is valuable, but as a global employee you are in a unique position to help me. I deeply appreciate you taking the time to consider this survey request. If you have any questions about the survey, please feel free to contact me ( Protected content Protected content my dissertation advisor, Dr. Margaret Shaffer via ( Protected content Protected content . If you have questions about your rights as a research participant, you may contact the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee Institutional Review Board at Protected content 12.136 dated 11/09/ Protected content . Submitting your survey will indicate your willingness to participate in the study.

Sincerely,

Yu-Ping Chen
Ph.D. Candidate, ABD
Sheldon B. Lubar School of Business
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Assistant Professor of Management, Concordia University, Montreal
(New position starts from August, Protected content

Margaret A. Shaffer, Ph.D.
Richard C. Notebaert Distinguished Chair of International Business and Global Studies
Sheldon B. Lubar School of Business
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Vancouver Forum

Our Global Partners