Join now

Spread the love by spreading the word (Vancouver)

Views

Dear InterNations Vancouver community,

I'm writing to ask for your help.

First United Church - a charity I love and support - is competing for a prize of up to $50,000 for much-needed renovations.

You can help by voting for them online between now and October 28, and if they get enough votes, they will be awarded a cash prize.

HELPING IS EASY!

You can click the link here and register yourself, then vote for us up to 18 times in 1 day starting October 11:
Protected content

or, you can email my friend Natalie at Protected content , and she will send you the link, and a friendly reminder to vote.

WHAT ARE YOU VOTING FOR?

First United is a cornerstone of the impoverished Downtown Eastside of Vancouver. They have been committed for over Protected content to serving the neighbourhood with love, acceptance, and respect. Every day hundreds of people - many of them elders, fragile in mind and body, survivors of a lifetime of hardship and marginalization - come to their 'Reception Hub' for services, and First United is seeking to renovate that space for quicker, more personalised and dignified service. Check out the video at the link above to see the kinds of people who receive - and give - this help.

THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!

Every time I come to First, I see the difference they are making to the people of the Downtown Eastside. I want more than anything to help them do an even better job supporting the wellbeing of these folks. THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME DO THAT.

Questions about registering or voting? Email my friend Natalie at First: Protected content .

With gratitude,

Alexandra Stein

Vancouver Forum

Our Global Partners