Join now

Female Expatriates living in Vienna

Hello everyone,

My name is Caterina and I’m currently studying at WU (Vienna University of Business and Economics), writing my graduation thesis (masters) about career challenges of female expatriates living in Austria. I’m starting this thread as I’m (still) looking for some ladies who’d like to be interviewed regarding this matter and thus, was told that I might find someone here on Internations.

So far, I have found some self-initiated expatriates (SIEs), but I’m still looking for some female organizational expatriates (i.e. expat ladies who were sent to Austria by their respective companies). I’m using the term “expatriate (or short “expat”) according to its use in research, which is “someone who takes a job in a country other than his/her own for a period of time, intending on not to stay in that country after that period of time.”

I will gladly do the interview with everyone who is willing to, even if you are now not sure, whether you fit the category or not (we can discuss this together). The interview itself will last about Protected content (so it’s safe to plan an hour) and I would suggest meeting at a nice café. I will have to record it, but I won’t transcribe your name or the name of the company you’re working at (there is also the option to not record the name/company).

If you’d like to assist me in my research, please contact me via Protected content or comment below.

Thank you very much for reading!
Best wishes,
Caterina

Vienna Forum

Our Global Partners