Join now

Finding Human Resources work in Vienna

Hi all, I am a dual Austrian/Australian citizen who has recently moved to Vienna to be closer to family and learn German but am experiencing a lot of difficulty finding work in my field (which was expected). I have a Bachelor Degree in Communications with majors in Human Resources Management and Public Relations and 5 years experience in generalist HR & Recruitment. I have tried the usual - international companies, UN organisations, job sites etc but there is loads of competition and in most cases, you can't even contact someone in the company personally.

All I need is the opportunity to be put in touch with someone from one of these organisations and I'm sure I could prove to be a worthy candidate for any HR, administration or clerical jobs. Currently I'm working in an Aussie Pub behind the Opera which is fun but perhaps a waste of my skills and experience and I'll probably die of lung cancer due to passive smoking!

Can anyone offer assistance or do you know anyone who would be interested to meet with me?

Thanks

Vienna Forum