Join now

I-GO Player? (Vienna)

Hi

I am looking for I-Go players in Wien, or in general in Austria, including Kärten and Süd Tirol

The Intent is to organize a meet up at mayor cities i use to visit in Europe along the year, I and some online meet-ups as well...

I use to combine I-Go, with archery and Sword practices, integrating readings and application of strategy of Tzun Zu (Book of war) and other sages in military and business strategy, zen meditation, aikido, Tao, and samurai practices.

If you are new for I-GO here you will find all the information you need

Protected content

if you wish to play online, here is a nice online tool

Protected content

Protected content

If you wish to schedule an online match or coordinate a meet up in your city, or wish me to contact you as soon as i schedule a travel to your location, let me know.

Luis Daniel

ABOUT GO

"
Nature of the game
See also: Go and mathematics
In combinatorial game theory terms, Go is a zero-sum, perfect-information, partisan, deterministic strategy game, putting it in the same class as chess, checkers (draughts) and Reversi (Othello); however it differs from these in its game play. Although the rules are simple, the practical strategy is extremely complex.
The game emphasizes the importance of balance on multiple levels and has internal tensions. To secure an area of the board, it is good to play moves close together; however, to cover the largest area, one needs to spread out, perhaps leaving weaknesses that can be exploited. Playing too low (close to the edge) secures insufficient territory and influence, yet playing too high (far from the edge) allows the opponent to invade.
It has been claimed that Go is the most complex game in the world due to its vast number of variations in individual games.[98] Its large board and lack of restrictions allow great scope in strategy and expression of players' individuality. Decisions in one part of the board may be influenced by an apparently unrelated situation in a distant part of the board. Plays made early in the game can shape the nature of conflict a hundred moves later.
The game complexity of Go is such that describing even elementary strategy fills many introductory books. In fact, numerical estimates show that the number of possible games of Go far exceeds the number of atoms in the observable universe."

HISTORY

Although the game was developed in China, the establishment of the Four Go houses by Tokugawa Ieyasu at the start of the 17th century shifted the focus of the Go world to Japan. State sponsorship, allowing players to dedicate themselves full-time to study of the game, and fierce competition between individual houses resulted in a significant increase in the level of play. During this period, the best player of his generation was given the prestigious title Meijin (master) and the post of Godokoro (minister of Go). Of special note are the players who were dubbed Kisei (Go Sage).

Vienna Forum

Our Global Partners