Join now

My lecture on "authentic happiness" (Vienna)

What is wrong with pushing oneself to feel positive? What to do instead? Provocation and inspiration based on social science and (positive) psychology.

Selfish hedonism or satisfying our needs may seem to be a good idea and it is one of the cornerstones of capitalism, but it does not lead us far – neither individually, nor collectively. Withdrawing from the world or pushing oneself to feel positive is not a viable alternative either. We need an integrated approach.

In this talk, I am sharing my knowledge as a happiness researcher and my experience as a coach and group leader. I would like to inspire you – and my hope is that you can add a useful ingredient to your own “happiness receipt”.

The lecture is followed by a "Happy Cafe", where you can connect and talk with other participants. Tea, fruits and snacks will be provided, but you are welcome to bring and share your favourite snacks with the others, too.

Lecturer: Dr Orsolya Lelkes coach and economist, happiness researcher. She obtained her PhD degree at the London School of Economics, and has numerous scientific publications and presentations at Positive Psychology conferences in the US and Europe.

Date: Tuesday 7. June 18: Protected content
Lecture: 18: Protected content "Happy café": 20: Protected content
Place: Schönbrunnerstr. 43, Protected content , Austria

Come to listen and to meet like-minded others! :-)

Vienna Forum

Our Global Partners