Join now

Points to relocate to Austria with family. (Vienna)

Hi, thanks for reading this post. I have some queries and request answers from personal experiences rather than “Heard of” and “general thoughts”.
I am an Indian currently living in Singapore and planning to relocate with my family (of three) to Austria with Red-White-Red card. I speak A2 level German. The application is still under process, however would like some firsthand knowledge on how things are in Austria.

- Which among the major cities (Vienna, Graz, Linz and Salzburg) is best suited (Cost of living, ease of job hunt) for Software engineers.
- Weekend activities: besides thronging in malls and cinemas. Please share your opinions on weekend family activities for medium – low budget. Trying to get a feel of local life style.
- Cost of food, eating out at restaurants (medium – low): Want to know if it is possible for a family of three to have substantial vegetarian meal without blowing off Protected content on every meal. Please let me know your personal experiences on spending at Indian and local restaurants.
- Kids’ schooling: please share your experience about getting an admission in a public school and costs incurred. I would also be interested in knowing from Indian parents on their kids’ adaptability in public schools.

Thanks in advance.

Vienna Forum

Our Global Partners