Join now

"Resources on finding a job in Austria" (Vienna)

Hi,

Since I have been approached about sharing resources to go job hunting in Austria, I thought I'd make my response available to a broader audience. This is by no means an exhaustive list but contains pages that I have used for my personal job searches in the past and/or I have heard others share positive experiences about.

So here we go, this is "Patrick's resources on finding a job in Austria", lol. Off the top of my head, I can think of:

.) getting a proper account on Linkedin (up to date profile picture and filling out all their recommended sections and having others proofread it) and posting that you are looking for new opportunities under reference to your CV (which can be attached to your post, I believe), as well as asking for people to tag recruiters on your post. That happens quite a lot in my Linkedin network which contains a fair share of recruiters - feel free to find me on Linkedin and I will gladly like your posts to expand your reach:);

.) setting up an account on XING, the German speaking equivalent to Linkedin, which is actually frequented by more people in Austria than Linkedin (XING will show you job postings that are pertinent for you and your career profile);

.) getting registered with monster.at;

.) getting registered with jobrocker.com;

.) getting registered with the Austrian job platform karriere.at;

.) reaching out to AMS (Austrian public employment services) and getting an account with them for the eJob-Room (which is their job search platform) Protected content

.) getting registered with stepstone.at;

.) many of the bigger daily newspapers in Austria have a jobs section, such as “Der Standard” (derstandard.at/karriere/jobsuche) or Kurier (job.kurier.at/jobs);

.) you could also check out popular 2nd hand classifieds page willhaben, as they have recently opened a job search tool as well Protected content

Should German not be your strong suit, you might wanna try accessing the resources above using Google translate?

Best of luck in your search and please share any resources that you have been succesful with in the past for the community to enjoy.

Best,
Patrick

Vienna Forum

Our Global Partners