Join now

Think Tanks, NGOs, Research Institutions (Vienna)

Hey everyone, I am new to Vienna, having just completed my M.A. in International Relations in Geneva and am looking for a job. Apart from the UN agencies and related international organizations with whom I have of course applied, I am very interested in research assistant (wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter) positions in think tanks, NGOs or universities, as I held a similar position with my university in Geneva.

Despite the UN presence in Vienna, it doesn’t seem like there are all that many think tanks or NGOs. Any tips, suggestions, recommendations, etc. would be very welcome. I would like to stay in Vienna but would also be interested in hearing your insights from other cities, maybe where you come from or where you might have worked in the past.

Additionally, I am beginning to examine interesting opportunities with international businesses, having the feeling that I may need to broaden my search a bit. I have three years experience working in client service with a marketing agency and speak English (native), German (fluent) and French (intermediate). I appreciate any insight you might have.

Thanks

Vienna Forum