Join now

Volunteers for a new cancer foundation! (Vienna)

I am putting together an international cancer foundation project, with the goal of promoting cancer research, providing financial support to cancer patients who can't afford treatment (especially for personalized medicine, most of which is currently not covered by health insurances), publishing novel and innovative cancer research, and by helping cancer scientists network with one another and develop rapports conducive to productive collaborations.

I am in search of volunteers who would be willing to help get this project off the ground. Specifically, I need right now help collecting the latest breakthroughs in specific fields of cancer research from a myriad of websites, publications, patent databases, etc... to be presented in a concise manner to scientists and to the public at large. No special knowledge of biology, medicine or cancer is needed. What it is needed are good skills at running effective searches online (for example Google searches), and good writing skills in English or in German (I will call on other languages at a later time).

By being part of this endeavor you will not only contribute to helping fight cancer, a disease that directly or indirectly affects every person in her/his lifetime, you will also have the opportunity to network with other great minds with a penchant for social, medical and humanitarian causes. These networking opportunities will take place in the weekly or monthly meetings that will bring the contributors together, as well as during various fundraising receptions and galas throughout the year.

Please drop me a note if this is a project you'd like to be part of right of the bat, and if you can devote even a few hours per week to it. I may be contacted directly at Protected content

Thanks!

Vienna Forum

Our Global Partners