Join now

Geographer aiming for Developm./Environment. Work (Vientiane)

I am looking for employment in South and Southeast Asia. I am a geographer specialized in disaster risk reduction and international development and if it was entirely up to me it would be within the field of disaster management overarching all levels or scaling out horizontally at the local level. Never the less I am a generalist who is aware of environmental, anthropological and technological issues - my last jobs involved installing photovoltaic panels as well as measurements and documentation of a prototype solar ofen. I would be available from now onwards, but will only be in Vientiane for meetings unitl WED 15th Feb, due to a training course on GIS and climate change in Tokyo.

Please ask for my CV which outlines my work experience and educational background including the following:

-Disaster Risk Reduction Team of German Technical Cooperation (GTZ) in Germany (3months)
-Disaster Risk Reduction Project of UNDP in Dushanbe, Tajikistan (3 months)
-Self help and family centre AWO (German NGO Protected content
-MA thesis on "Concepts of Vulnerabilities within the Context of 'Natural' Disasters in Haiti" (grade 1.7)
-Further postgraduate training on resilience assessments at the United Nations University - Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) and on community based disaster risk reduction at Global Risk Forum

Please do not hesitate to contact me, my local mobile phone number is Protected content . I would appreciate getting to know your thoughts on this and would be available for a meeting any time before 15th February.

I thank you for your time!