Join now

FREE Lithuanian Language Course Sep2013 - Jun2014 (Vilnius)

It's a year-long beginner course & it really is free for non-EU citizens who have a temporary or permanent residence permit in Lithuania.

I'm taking the earlier course which started in June...it's been very good so far. I had previously completed a beginner course & half of an intermediate course at Vilnius Univ. but I'm still learning a lot in this class. I'm also glad I ignored the confusing orientation session, the uncertain class schedule (the class schedule is partially decided by students & the teacher), and my own skepticism of a free course. I assume the September course format will be similar.

=========

Some info pasted below...more at sih.lt or Protected content

SOROS INTERNATIONAL HOUSE with the support of the European Integration Fund launch a 1-year long programme to facilitate the integration of non-EU nationals into the Lithuanian society.

What do we offer?

Lithuanian language course A1 level

We offer Protected content of learning time spread over a one-year period:

Protected content of formal instruction;
Protected content of interactive language skills training using drama elements and real life simulation techniques.

Orientation course

We offer 60-hour orientation course – introduction to the Lithuanian society, history, culture and legal system:

Protected content of formal instruction;
Protected content of informal learning – study visits, events, excursions, etc.

When does the course start?

The 1st group starts in June Protected content . The other 3 groups will follow in September Protected content .

There will be morning, afternoon, or evening classes depending on the availability of the majority of each group.

Please contact us at Protected content , Protected content , or e-mail to Protected content if you are interested in the Integration Programme at SIH!

Please e-mail to Protected content or call as at Protected content , Protected content your earliest convenience, but not later than Friday, May 24 if you are planning to join the group starting in June.

Don‘t miss an opportunity to learn Lithuanian for free!

Vilnius Forum

Our Global Partners