Join now

WASHINGTON DC DOCUMENTARY FILM PREMIERE (Washington, D.C.)

Hi, Some friends of a friend of mine will be in DC for the screening of their new documentary film "I Remember Better When I Paint". If you know of anyone who has family members who have Alzheimer's, encourage them to see the film. I saw it at a screening in Paris, and it is inspirational, so I want to help spread the word:

WASHINGTON DC DOCUMENTARY PREMIERE
I Remember Better When I Paint
Saturday, 13 February Protected content
Time: 14: Protected content
Location: The Phillips Collection, Protected content St. NW (21st at Q)

Recorded in part at The Phillips Collection, this documentary provides powerful testimonials about the positive effects of art on the quality of life of Alzheimer’s patients.

Following the screening, filmmaker Berna Huebner discusses the film in collaboration with Gay Hanna, PhD, MFA, Executive Director of the National Center for Creative Aging (NCCA) and Janine Tursini, Executive Director of Arts for the Aging, Inc. (AFTA).

Included in admission to The Phillips Collection’s special exhibition Georgia O'Keeffe: Abstraction ($12 Adults, $10 Students and visitors 62 and over); free for Phillips members. Seats available on a first-come, first served basis.

------------------------------------ Protected content
Here is further description of the film:
I Remember Better When I Paint is an international documentary reviewing the latest technology in treating Alzheimer’s disease and the positive results received from patients involved in the creative arts. The film is directed by Eric Ellena and Berna Huebner and is narrated by Academy Award winning actress Olivia de Havilland.

This new documentary, prepared in both English and French, shows how the creative arts can change the quality of life for people with Alzheimer’s. Filming was done in many parts of North America and Europe showing Alzheimer’s patients focusing and reconnecting as they paint at their homes and care facilities, visit the Louvre in Paris, the Art Institute in Chicago and the Phillips Collection in Washington DC.

The documentary also interviews renowned neurologists who explain how creative activities engage areas of the brain that are not damaged or less damaged by the disease and thus help reawaken a sense of personality, identity and dignity.

The film gives new hope to families, caregivers and people in general.

Washington, D.C. Forum

Our Global Partners