Join now

Expat to talk to Cross Cultural Management Class (Wellington)

Views

Hi Expats
I teach Cross-cultural management at Victoria University. In the second half of the coming semester, my Honours students have to interview an expatriate about some aspect of their experience (linking it to theory of course!). I am posting here for two reasons:

1) I would like to find a couple of expats to come to talk to my class and tell us a bit of what being an expat is like and answer some simple questions about their experience. The class would be on April 19 in the afternoon (class starts at 2.40pm). Ideally, I am looking for an expat who was transferred to Welly by their company. I am also hoping to find an expatriate spouse.

2) If you would be willing to be interviewed by one of my students about your experience, I would love to hear from you. They will maintain confidentiality and the questions will be approved by me as part of the ethics clearance process. Last year, most of the students did self-iniating expats, and in the past, students have interviewed spouses or returning expats. So whatever your situation - we would welcome your nominating yourself.

I am in the School of Marketing and International Business and my email is Protected content . Please email me if you are interested.

I hope to hear from you
Cheryl Rivers
Senior Lecturer in International Business

Wellington Forum

Our Global Partners