Barcelona - Technical Support Engineer (Italian+English)
Technical Support Engineer (Italian+English)
The Support tech will provide front line assistance to all customers regardless of their skills (these can range from experienced helpdesk technicians to novice users). He/she will also work closely with the NTR Headquarters Support Team to ensure that any problems that cannot be solved locally are taken care of with all diligence. The candidate will serve as product expert leasing with the sales teams in order to support the customers` accounts and will be asked to assist the sales reps to achieve targets and sales objectives. Finally, the candidate will work closely with the Headquarters Support Team forwarding issues and bugs to them, and interfacing between this team and the customers to ensure all the information needed to fix the problem is obtained and forwarded to the appropriate person. By the same token, the Support Tech will inform the customer about the progresses made by the HQ Support Team in the resolution of a problem and will implement patches and bug fixes for the customer if needed be.
The Technical Support Engineer must:
- Resolve technical support issues in a timely manner
- Understand the customer needs and problems to ensure the highest level of satisfaction while in the resolution of an issue
- Aggressively pursue problem resolution on behalf of the customer and inform him/her of any progress made in the process
- Assist the sales teams by responding to any queries that might prove vital for the achievement of target goals and sales objectives
- Participate in customer calls
- Document solutions to problems that might be reused by other technicians in the future
- Document best practices through continuous quality improvement process
- Complete any required training and on-the-job instruction
The Technical Support Engineer reports directly to the CEO and the Global Support Manager.
-Academicals level: technical engineering or equivalent
-Italian native speaker and fluent English skills are required
-2 years of relevant working experience; with 1 year (minimum) handling tech support duties at software companies or at internal departments of big companies.
-Experience with troubleshooting Internet/networking problems including common protocols (TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, FTP, SMTP. DNS, DHCP, etc)
-Experience with troubleshooting communication issues: opening/closing ports, configuring firewalls, routers, proxies, setting up DMZs, public/private IPs, etc.
-Experience configuring IIS servers.
-Basic knowledge and experience with SQL Query Analyzer
-Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills, highly methodical working habits and exquisite attention to detail
-Empathy and communication skills. Must be able to present highly complex technical problems clearly and in detail
-Excellent interpersonal skills and team-oriented attitude
-High motivation for customer satisfaction. Effective listening, concern with quality and an appropriate sense of urgency in fulfilling customer requirements
-Must be an energetic, positive, proactive person with a high level of self-motivation
Are you interested? Send your application to: Protected content