Expat Life in Palma de Mallorca
To any expat living in Plama de Mallorca, Spain: I am an American presently living in another EU country. I have lived in this country for 12 years and am considering a move to Palma de Mallorca in the near future. As such, I obviously have quite a few questions about the area. I would appreciate any information anyone living in Palma might be able to give me about moving and living there. Alternately, if anyone knows of another source for the answers to my questions, I would appreciate a link to that source. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give me.
1. What are the flat rentals like in Palma? General cost? Utilities? I’m looking for a small flat, around 40 sq. metres, fully furnished, with bed, wardrobe, bathroom, washing machine, kitchen with cooker, refrigerator, etc. Fully furnished would include bedding, TV, table and chairs, pots and pans and silverware, maybe some storage space. Would prefer something in the Son Armadams area, if possible.
2. Residence requirements and procedure: What documents do I need? Is there a Relocation company who can help me get everything together? Do I need to go to Madrid or can I handle everything in Palma? Is there a Spanish bureau I can contact for more information? Approximate cost of all such documents?
3. Availability and quality of health and dental care. All I need basically is a doctor to write prescriptions for me and to ensure the medications I need are available.
4. General cost of living for expats, including food, transportation, etc. Is there a large expat community?
5. Ease of international travel? I know Palma has a big airport, but does it connect easily to other major hubs?
6. Are there English entertainment venues in the city? Movies, books, DVD rentals, etc?
8. Is there an embassy or consular presence in Palma?
These are all I can think of for now. Any help or pointers in the right directions would be hugely appreciated. Thanks.