HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT ENGINEERING
Based in Riyadh
Salary negotiable + EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE
Our client is a major building design firm whose objective is to produce buildings that are part of the contemporary culture while respecting the architectural heritage of a particular location.
They have successfully completed a wide range of planning projects including townships, sizeable leisure and recreational facilities as well as other smaller important urban planning projects.
One of the first design practices in the Middle East to integrate landscape architecture at a professional level, other practices include Civil and Structural Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Construction Management and Site Supervision.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
The ideal candidate would have previous experience in conducting hazardous- waste management studies and health and safety regulations. In which they evaluate the significance of the hazard, offer analysis on treatment and containment, and develop regulations to prevent mishaps.
• Preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy.
• Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced
• Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
• Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
• Planning practical and effective methods, both preventive and remedial, of promoting health and safety and safe working practices
• Attending safety meetings;
• Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation
• Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
• Keeping records of inspections finding and producing reports that suggest improvements
• Keeping records of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers
• Carrying out accident investigations on site and producing subsequent reports and recommendations
• Ensuring the safe installation of equipment
• Managing and organizing the safe disposal of hazardous substances.
• Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases
• The ideal candidate must be adept at communicating, listening and negotiating
• Must have a strong ability of creating and maintaining interpersonal relationships
• Must be flexible, show initiative and be able to solve problems
• Excellent presentation skills
• Dynamic and enthusiastic
• Have self-confidence and the ability to work under pressure
• Able to adapt quickly to change
• Degree in relevant field
• Minimum of 3 years experience
• Must have an excellent command of the English language
• Salary open to negotiation depending on experience
• Excellent benefits package includes high quality transport and accommodation allowance
• Visa arranged
To apply in confidence please email your CV to Protected content
FIRST RESORT GLOBAL RECRUITMENT
Leaders in Worldwide Executive Recruitment