I am a Great British citizens. I am working for one company in Vietnam. I have completed the procedures to get Vietnam work permit. So now, I share this experience for Expatriate like me in Vietnam.
Paper work required to apply work permit:
1. Work permit application form (following a provided template)
2. Work permission application letter (following a provided template)
3. Criminal record: If you have stayed in Vietnam for more than 6 months, you will have to get the criminal record that is issued by the Judiciary Department of the city where you are living. In case you are not in Vietnam or you have stayed here for less than 6 months, you will have to get that criminal record from your Authority Government.
4. A copy of your certificate or degree. This can be: university degree, higher degree or a special professional skills certificate ex. accountant certificate.
In case you do not have a degree, but you have 5 years experience working within the same field, you will need to get a confirmation letter from your old employers or any paper work to prove that you have 5 years experiences within your field in Vietnam from another country. This paper work will then be translated into Vietnamese and certified by a Vietnamese Government agency to prove that this translated version has the same meaning as the original one and can be used legally in Vietnam.
5. Health check from the hospital. There is a list of hospitals that has the authority to give you a health check in Vietnam and only the hospitals on this list are qualified to prove your health for the work permit application. You will get this list with the first 2 templates for paper work; the Work permit application form and Work permission application form. In case, you are not in Vietnam, you can get a health check from any hospital in the country that you are staying. This health check is valid for 6 months.
6. Curriculum vitae with passport photo
7. 3 new passport photos.
1. A valid labor contract.
2. The company license (copy certified by Government authority office)
3. Work permit application form
4. The approval from the Government to use foreign labor.
The 5 years of experience can be counted as total amount of years you have been working in your field.
Of course, you will have to fulfill certain requirements to be eligible for working in Vietnam. Not only do you have to be at least 18 years of age, you also have to be fit to do the work you have applied for. The government also expects you to bring at least 5 years of experience or technical and professional qualifications to the table before you can start working in Vietnam.
After you got all of these papers ready, you will send it to the Labour and Social Welfare Service of the province/city where you are working. They will have to inform if they approve your work permit application or any changes needed within 15 days.
You can apply by yourself or authorized to on service company to do. Our company in Vietnam authorized to Open World Corp in Hanoi (Owner of website Rushvietnamvisa.com). They help us get work permit with urgent process and we have enough time to get 3 year resident card in Vietnam before my visa expired. From now, I will not be charge money for extend visa each month and can arrange my job, my plan is best.