Help build the leading online travel planning website! We are looking for web-savvy, social media-loving travel writers to add unique local expert advice and content to the destinations on NileGuide. In this position you will be responsible for shaping your destination’s content on the site and using social media to drive savvy travel planners to your destination on NileGuide. Your work will help NileGuide create the best travel content and travel planning tools on the web.
NileGuide: “All you need to plan your perfect trip.”
NileGuide is the only travel planning website where travelers can plan their complete trip all in one place. NileGuide combines guidebook information, personalized searching for things to see and do, places to stay, integrated booking with one step price comparisons and the ability to organize all this information into a professional quality personalized guide book users can print or download to their iPhone using our new ‘Guide To Go’ app.
For most travelers, the most challenging part of planning a trip is quickly and easily finding the most pertinent travel information. At NileGuide, travelers will find exclusive tips and suggestions, learn about local neighborhoods and personalized searches using travel interests like arts, outdoors, history as well travel styles such as romantic and kid friendly. The result is that users can easily create their own “perfect trips” which means they both save time and, more importantly, have more rewarding travel experiences.
The Local Expert Role
This is a great opportunity for anyone with professional writing experience and a passion for where they live. You will have the opportunity to tell the world what makes your destination great and reap the rewards from doing so. Local Experts will receive a monthly retainer plus traffic and performance-based bonuses. The higher the quality of the content you create, the more money you can make. Activities will vary from reviewing the state of current points of interest, to writing descriptions of points of interests, to adding photos, blogging, using Twitter, and more.
As a NileGuide Local Expert, you must:
• Love to use your stellar writing skills. A big part of the job is writing about your destination, whether it’s a description about something to do or a restaurant, or a blog post about an upcoming festival.
• Have a high level of enthusiasm and insider knowledge about your destination
• Be responsive, reliable, and highly detail-oriented
• Be excited about learning SEO and applying it to your work
• Be tech savvy: comfortable with Excel, social media, general web use, and more
• Be an entrepreneurial self-starter needing little direct management
• Be outgoing: involvement in creating a social presence online in forums, Twitter, the blogosphere, etc. is the key to Local Expert success.
• Live in the destination you are writing for, and plan to be there for at least one to two additional years. We want someone who can make a commitment to NileGuide.
• Have an excellent command of written English.
• Have a College or University degree.
Local Experts will receive a monthly retainer of $250 for regular edits, new content, blogging, and social media outreach for the first three months. Bonuses will be awarded based upon traffic increases and exceptional work. After three months, performance will be assessed and Local Experts will move to a traffic-based payment structure. Our expectation is that Local Experts will have the opportunity, through the quality of their content, to earn far more money than current work-for-hire rates.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume, a cover letter explaining why you would make a fantastic local expert, and a Protected content description of your destination to Protected content . Links to applicable clips are appreciated. Please put "application for local expert <destination name>" in the subject of the email. We will respond to qualified candidates only.