Principal/Senior Risk Manager, Counterparty Risk
The position is a 6 month maternity cover (starting 1 April Protected content a Principal/Senior Risk Manager who is a member of the counterparty credit risk team (“TCRM Counterparty Risk”) within the Treasury Risk Management (“TRM”) unit of the Bank’s Risk Management Vice Presidency. The Principal/Senior Risk Manager contributes to the credit process in relation to the EBRD’s Treasury activities with a primary emphasis on the on-going analysis and review of high grade counterparties.
Accountability, responsibilities and duties: The Principal/Senior Risk Manager handles the following primary tasks:
- Staying abreast of all relevant market developments in addition to his/her portfolio responsibilities.
- Responsibility for identifying key credit risks as Primary Risk Manager for a portfolio of high grade counterparties, including banks, corporates and other financial institutions.
- Annual in depth review of any of these: UK banks, US banks or North American life insurers.
- Regular prioritisation (with Director) of Team resources to key risks/most significant counterparties.
- Some peer review for other Risk Managers and maintaining general knowledge of their portfolios.
- Providing general support of TCRM group (including coverage of others responsibilities as Team priorities and workloads require).
- Clear and timely communication of these risks to management in regular written surveillance as well as other formats as well as longer annual group reviews.
- Providing input on certain Treasury products: TRS, CDS, credit-linked notes, IRS, FRAs, caps, floors, collars, CCS and options/options-related.
- Possible review, structuring input and approval of bespoke transactions.
- Liaising with the dealers on issues related to his or her coverage and product area
- Possible role in annual updating of Treasury credit policy framework, procedures and risk methodology.
- Analytical and critical thinking and excellent ability to take an overview, ability to absorb new data and listen to Treasury business needs.
- High level of integrity and willingness to defend risk position and shareholders’ interest but remaining calm and constructive even in case of strong pressure or conflicting views.
- Clear and persuasive written and oral communication.
- Strong sense of responsibility and drive, results orientation.
- Professional and courteous interaction with all.
- Constructive team approach and willingness to pitch in where needed.
The incumbent must possess around Protected content intensive practical credit or financial analysis experience supplemented with the demonstrated ability to critically assess developments within the global financial system as well as individual domestic banking systems. Proven capacities in the following areas are necessary:
- Analysis of a wide variety of financial institutions, primarily complex commercial banking groups.
- Analysis of macroeconomics and sovereign risk in both emerging and developed markets.
- Working as part of a small team to manage a credit process covering high grade and high yield exposures.
- Prioritizing and dealing with credit approval requests or required risk management actions within short timeframes.
- Presenting research, analysis and recommendations both verbally and in writing.
- Design of risk policy and understanding of best practice in risk management.
- Highly desirable: specific in-depth knowledge of and background covering any of these: (i) top 6 UK banks; (ii) top 10 US banks and/or (iii) top 10 North American life insurers.
The Principal/Senior Risk Manager must have a graduate degree in finance or economics from a leading university.
Click on Protected content register and apply.