Research Interns for Documentary/Production Company
Position: Research Intern
Documentary/production company focused on global health, environmental, political, and social issues looking for Research Interns with skills and passion to support research, online outreach, and to assist in building and developing content for a website which will serve as a platform for a larger education mission tied to the film.
Work will include:
- RESEARCH: Interns will be assigned to a specific area of the world, such as the Middle East or South America, and will be responsible for researching and keeping track of daily media. You will write summaries with key points and sources as well conducting more specific research. Some interns may be assigned to review books, articles, and other media to support ongoing research.
- WEBSITE: Interns will contribute content for the website. This could range from blogging, creating web videos of “The Making of”, updating research, to networking with other websites.
- CREATIVE: There is a need for creativity in creating and updating the website (writing, photography, film, graphic design, etc.), drawing traffic to the website, utilizing social networking websites, and creating events. There will be opportunities to help brainstorm different strategies for advocacy.
- OTHER: There will be a variety of other tasks, networking opportunities and many perks.
Interns are preferred to be undergraduate or graduate students, but anyone with relevant experience will be considered. Areas of study could include International Politics, Human Rights, Peace and Conflict Resolution, Engineering, Computer Science, Environmental Studies, Film/Media, areas studies, etc…
- A responsible self-starter.
- Skilled in online research.
- An excellent communicator (both written and verbal).
- A team player.
- Experienced and passionate about working on Web properties, media/film, and/or human rights.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing demands.
- Foreign Languages a plus (particularly Arabic (all dialects), Chinese (all dialects), Hindi/Urdu, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Tibetan, Spanish, French, Turkish, Hebrew, Farsi, Kazakh, Kurdi, Nepali, Russian, Tajik, Turkmen, Uyghur, Uzbek)
Length: Flexible (longer commitments better)
Start Date: ASAP *Flexible Hours (and many hours can be worked at from home)
-Brief cover letter explaining interests and qualifications
-Short Writing Sample
Please send your documents to Protected content