Travel & Lifestyle Consultants-Dutch Speaking
American Express in Brighton, UK is looking for:
Dutch Leisure Travel Consultant
Imagine a more meaningful career in the premium travel and lifestyle sector with a leading brand. At American Express, we pride ourselves on delivering a flawless service, as well as providing a unique and exclusive experience for our Platinum and Centurion cardholders. We believe a career should be the pursuit of what you love, a way of making things better in the world around you and the foundation for a successful future.
We are currently seeking Leisure Travel Consultants to join our expanding Travel & Lifestyle Services team in an exciting and driven work environment. If you have exceptional customer service skills, take great pride in your work and enjoy going above and beyond to surpass expectations, then this role could be for you.
You take the stress out of clients’ lives by planning and scheduling trips that weren’t thought possible. You craft extraordinary experiences and ensure clients reach special events while time is running out. You possess a wealth of knowledge that’s full of choices, options and plans. No matter what you do, you ensure our customers receive VIP treatment throughout their journey.
As an American Express Travel and Lifestyle Services Consultant, you never know what your day is going to entail and what miracles you may have to conjure up.
If you have the passion to make things happen—you are exactly who we are looking for.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Begin a meaningful career at American Express.
As a Leisure Travel Consultant within American Express Travel, you will work within our service centre, taking incoming calls from Card Members, providing a knowledgeable and consultative service that is based on your own experiences and expert knowledge of the leisure travel industry. Using effective questioning and rapport building, you will be able to make personalized recommendations and bookings through your understanding of the products and benefits available and ability to match these to the Card Members’ requirements. American Express fosters a goal-oriented environment, where you will be frequently coached as our commitment to help you develop world-class consultative skills.
We want extraordinary Travel Consultants who can surpass our Card Members’ expectations by creating travel experiences of a lifetime.
As a Leisure Travel Consultant, you will be responsible for:
• Serving as “Travel Masters” who can provide expert consultation and advice on top destinations around the world
• Creating memorable travel experiences for our Card Members by booking premium leisure travel experiences (ski, cruise, villas, private charters, cities and resorts) directly from the brochure or tailor making the bespoke holiday to the customers’ requirements.
• Helping to manage and develop relationships with travel suppliers to ensure premium Card Member experiences
• Being accountable and taking ownership of the Card Members’ experience from beginning to end
• Staying ahead of industry trends and continuously building destination knowledge
• Creating innovative ways to resolve Card Members’ issues or concerns to win their loyalty and travel spend; ultimately making loyal enthusiast out of the customer, so they will recommend American Express Travel to others
• Participating team member that will receive warm transfers from “Core” (universal) travel agents
• Gather and share local content through knowledge platforms
If you know what it takes to provide a true ‘luxury’ experience, this may be the role for you.
A successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
• Expert Dutch language ability is required (English mandatory)
• An in-depth knowledge of the Leisure travel industry is essential. Expertise in any of the following would be highly beneficial:
• Multi sector guided tours
• Round the World
• Sporting events
• Great train journeys
• Private jet
• Private yacht
• Deep destination knowledge, complex travel experience and itinerary building
• Premium and luxury customer interactions, experience and knowledge – product, venues, exclusive offerings, etc.
• Our customers have very different requirements from call-to-call so you will need to be able to identify these through the rapport you build and confidently match products and services to meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
• The ability to communicate with our customers is vital to your success in this role. It is important to be able to adapt your approach to the customer, providing personal insight and building a strong rapport. Your customer interaction will mainly be on the phone but strong written skills via e-mail are also very important.
• Previous call center experience is preferred.
• GDS/computer reservations experience would be beneficial, Sabre is preferred.
• You must be IT literate as you will need to be able to understand and use Internet search sites and e-mail, in addition to the GDS and other in-house systems. There is a great deal of multi-tasking involved in these roles and your ability to quickly and confidently navigate a number of systems at once will be vital.
• Research / information gathering and problem solving skills are essential, you will deal with a wide variety of inquiries so your ability to ‘think on your feet’ and provide in-depth solutions quickly and efficiently is essential.
• Sales and portfolio experience and management – analyzing, diagnosing and proposing various options to card members
• Sales experience will be beneficial so that you can cross-sell relevant products and services.
• Effective consultative selling skills and the ability to listen to the customers’ needs, in turn offering confident recommendations, resulting in high satisfaction from the customer with the service they received.
• Time management skills are vital – due to the multi-tasking nature of the role, you will need to be re-prioritizing your workload regularly in order to meet your deadlines.
• The ability to adapt to an ever changing environment and being resilient.
• Must have a ‘can-do attitude’, curiosity and a healthy competitiveness.
• Willingness to accept frequent feedback and coaching with an openness to incorporate these changes in service style.
• Ability to work flexible shifts and some weekends is essential.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
How to apply:
Please visit our website: Protected content or contact Anna Zgajewska via Protected content