What political figure(s) of the Past or present do you admire and why?
We often entertain ourselves with comments about our rulers, or political figures but what about the ones that made a diffence in our society and paid the price, such as the Kennedys'? Protected content
I have five in mind:
1. Ex-President Jimmy Carter: Because he was smart enough to sign the treaty with General Omar Torrijos. He did not want bloodshed in Panama. Protected content
2. Mohandas Gandi: For guiding his people with spiritual doctrines, and setting the example. We have many quotes but the one I like the best is: "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Protected content
3. Martin Luther King: He believed that White and Blacks would and could live together in harmony. Showing that united we can conquer the world without violence. Protected content
4. Nelson Mandela: Who gave evidence that a man's dream does not end with a barrs of prison. As long as there is life, there is always hope. Protected content
5. Princess Diana "The Rose of England": A woman who broke the norms and the old rules of England and showed that every woman had the right to have her dream and pursue it. Protected content