Posted by sequa gGmbH ( Protected content )
We are searching for a Project manager SCP production to realize technical assistance for preselected garment factories in Myanmar In the sector ready-made garments (Cutting Making Trimming)
Location: Yangon and surroundings
Employment contract duration: from now onwards until December Protected content
We are looking for a (m/f) Myanmar based employee who shall be project manager in a sequa-project in Myanmar which is being financed by the European SWITCH programme.
The project manager will be responsible for the sustainable production component of the SMART Myanmar project. The main focus of the project managers’ work shall be to prepare, accompany and follow up visits of international textile experts with the final objective to increase the competitiveness of the garment factories and increasing the level of compliance with social and environmental standards.
SMART Myanmar (SMEs for environmental Accountability, Responsibility and Transparency) is a 3 year project financed by the European Union through the SWITCH Asia program. The lead agency is sequa. SMART aims to increase the competitiveness of SMEs in the garment sector of Myanmar. Specifically, the project will increase the competitiveness of SMEs by establishing a group of around up to 25 Myanmar Garment Manufacturers as show-cases and make them ready to comply with European standards and establish business relations with EU clients. In addition, more than 50 SMEs in Myanmar will benefit from company audits to reduce energy consumption, improve productivity levels and reduce waste. The project will also work on the improvement of workers’ safety.
sequa is a non-profit development organisation. We promote the development of the private sector and its business membership organisations as well as vocational qualification. sequaʼs shareholders are Germany’s top business membership organisations (DIHK, ZDH, BDA, BDI) and GIZ. Jointly with our partners we have performed more than Protected content projects in the past 20 years. We are the leader of a consortium of project partners implementing SMAART Myanmar.
The local partners are the “Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry – UMFCCI” and the “Myanmar Garment Manufacturers Association – MGMA”. The project will be supported by the “Sheffield Chamber of Commerce and Industry”, the “Confederation of the German Textile and Fashion Industry” and the “Association of
Development Financing Institutions in Asia and the Pacific – ADFIAP” by the provision of
- At least 3 years’ experience in the garment industry
- Experience in Asia
- Fluently in English (writing and speaking)
- Sound experience in industrial development, firm level interventions and re-engineering
- Knowledge about inventory management and warehouse management
- Knowledge about energy saving measures
- Knowledge in occupational health and safety (OHS)
- Knowledge of ILO standards and compliance with social international standards
- Knowledge of analytical methods / research techniques
- Profound negotiation, communication and presentation skills
Your tasks / responsibilities
- Organize and implement initial walk thoughs for basic factory data collection to establish
the factory profile, Marketing questionnaire to be fed into the e-matchmaking tool,
- Coordination of SCP trainees, all short-term expert missions in this regard
- Reporting to contribute to the Monitoring & Evaluation system of the project
- Accompany short term experts in implementation of company assessments with the aim
to increase productivity and compliance with environmental and social standards
- Contribute to the training of SCP consultants together with international experts
- Contribute to the Creation of an SCP toolbox together with other project partners
- Contribute to advising companies regarding the introduction of sustainable production
(assessment, improvement, monitoring) together with international short term
- Contribute to create and manage an SCP desk at MGMA/UMFCCI to be sustained after
the project ends
- Contribute to the projects by monthly newsletter of SMART Myanmar
The main focus shall be to prepare visits of international textile experts so that they can start with an in-depth analysis of the current performance in up to 25 participating garment
companies with regards to productivity, efficiency, production planning, ware house
management, energy consumption and occupational health and safety. The project manager shall accompany the international experts during their factory visits.
Based on the recommendations that the international consultants make, the project
manager shall follow up the recommendations with the aim to improve the competitiveness
in the garment factories. The project manager shall follow up on predefined performance indicators in each factory.
Please send your full application (cover letter, CV, availability, references) to Simone Lehmann, simone. Protected content , preferably not later than 31.3.2014.