The primary responsibilities for this position includes supporting the technical framework of Groupon’s global ERP solution (NetSuite OneWorld), developing & executing product enhancements, as well as support and liaison between IT and our global / local accounting teams to define business requirements and maintain accounting-related tools.
This role will report to the Financial Systems Manager and be based at Groupon IHQ in Schaffhausen, Switzerland.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
ERP Support & Development
• Act as first line of support to provide issue resolution for NetSuite International application users.
• Support the accounting teams through month-end, quarterly, and annual financial close activities.
• Identify new system requirements, determine impact on existing systems & business processes, and develop appropriate specifications for product enhancement requests.
• Provide occasional training for ERP system users globally.
• Travel on global ERP process deployments (up to 25%)
• Create ad-hoc reporting and queries to assist finance teams and business stakeholders.
• Provide regular updates to management on issues arising from end users.
• Communicate with multiple departments within the organization to resolve any global issues.
Desirable candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 2-4 years of experience in financial systems, accounting or finance.
• Experience with large ERP Tools/Applications required - NetSuite and/or Oracle experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – proven ability to effectively translate technical information to non-technical individuals
• Experience of working with remote employees and contractors in different time zones is highly desirable
• Positive attitude, strong analytical and excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to learn new processes quickly and manage/prioritize multiple work streams effectively
• Experience building complex reports, dashboards, and scorecards is helpful
• Strong initiative and the desire to see a project through until completion.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a must