ISTA is seeking a Membership and Data Management A (Zurich)
ISTA is seeking a Membership and Data Management Administrator
The International Seed Testing Association (ISTA), with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland, has a vacancy for the position of Membership and Data Managment Administrator.
ISTA is a non-profit Association under Swiss law. It produces internationally agreed rules for seed sampling and testing, accredits laboratories, promotes research, and disseminates knowledge in seed science and technology. Its membership currently consists of laboratories, personal members and associate members from 82 countries and distinct economies around the world.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Membership Administration: Membership relations, Communication with members, monitoring membership payment, complete membership administration, providing membership services, periodical compilation of all membership statistics, prepare reports to the Secretary General.
Data Management Support: Coordination of service providers responsible for the Secretariat datamanagement: hardware, software, on-line applications instalment, maintanace and updates.
The following requirements are essential for success in this role:
Experience: An experience administrator with at least 3 years experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts or administration, or a technical degree in data management. Equivalent experience will be considered.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Characteristics:
• Familiarity and experience with business management software (preferably Microsodt Dynamics Nav (Naviision)
• General administration skills
• Experience working within a Quality Managment system (ISO Protected content
• Strong effective communicator; customer-focused service development and outreach.
• Experience with coordination of outsourced IT services
• Highly developed and demonstrated teamwork. Ability to contribute to team efforts incorporating diverse participants with varied skill levels. Experience of working in and contributing to a flexible, employee-empowering work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuous improvement; commitment to continuous learning and ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
• Comforuatble working in a culturally diverse environment and with members around the world
• Language requirements: English proficiency is required, German will be useful, additional languages an advantage.
The successful candidate must be able to perform effectively in each of these areas:
• Administration of the membership and the voting preparation:
o Administration, handling of membership inquiries, applications, and cancellations
o Administration, monitoring members payment and services for members
o Contact Person for communication with Delegated Authorities of member countries. Preparation of roll call list for voting process
o Lead the identification and evaluation of various IT service providers.
o The ongoing continued coordination and supervision of services provided, Including: Network maintenance, programming and software coordination.
o Harmonization of on-line tools: web conferencing, cloud applications, remote access.
o Secretariat database/s harmonization, management and maintenance
o Website Coordination and update
o Improving the data Back-Up scheme and its on-going operation.
o Hardware and software management: inventory, and updates.
o Identify other data management needs, propose solutions and implement.
Participate and contribute to various staff meetings
Actively contribute and participate in the Secretariat Quality Management System.
Human Resources – training; participate in training provided to the Secretariat team in relation to the Secretariat functions and activities.
Participate in composing reports in-support of the ECOM and Secretariat Activities
Any other duty requested in support of the Secretariat function
To apply: please send your cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three references to the attention of
Ms. Olga Stockli
Deadline for application: 22 June Protected content .