Learn Mindfulness and Meditation in 8 weeks (Zurich)
In recent years research in neuroscience has made compelling discoveries about the brain’s capacity to grow and change, including evidence that meditation helps.
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course brings the principles of mindfulness meditation into everyday life by teaching specific skills and practices that can be incorporated into daily life to help break cycles of anxiety, stress, unhappiness and exhaustion.
The course is for anyone who wants to reduce work, family or health-related stress and to bring a greater sense of balance and meaning to their lives and also to manage challenges more skilfully.
Unlike many shorter courses (for which there is no evidence of benefit) MBSR has 35 years of research behind it and is recognized as the gold standard for mental and physical health in the field. It can lead to measurable changes in brain regions associated with memory, sense of self, empathy, and stress as well as improving the immune response in eight weeks.
The MBSR course involves -
• a 2.5 hour class once a week for eight weeks plus half-day retreat during weekend
• yoga and body awareness training
• exploration of patterns of thinking, feeling and action, and how to transform them
• brief lectures and discussions
• individual feedback and support
• scientific rationale for the practice
• your commitment to daily homework practice using audio tracks and course book.
The courses start on 15th of January – morning time and 16th of January – evening time, in Zurich. Courses are taught in English. For details and registration:
Founder Mindful Brain