The Global Environmental Society is being developed as an Internet Membership Platform but with the environment and sustainability as the central themes. GES offers people worldwide information concerning environmental issues. Here consumers find valuable tips for a greener lifestyle; for entrepreneurs GES is a presentation platform for environmentally friendly products. Enlightened consumers support firms with cleaner production processes and improved products, together they promote sustainable development. GES and its partners from the business sector, politics and sciences guide discussion about certain topics on our platform. GES expedites environmental education, supports environmental activities and organizes events.
For the expansion of our present team the Global Environmental Society is searching for
multi-functional Web-Journalist 50 – 80% (freelancer or employed)
capable of understanding complex technical and economic systems and processes, as well as systems thinking; willing to openly approach people and do relationship management.
• Provide editorial content (English) of the GES website: including interviews and new articles
• Make continued technical adjustments and improvements on the website
• Support of and correspondence with members, partners and interested parties of GES
• Coordinate and collaborate with external journalists, IT specialists, partners
• Participate at relevant events including conferences, forums, exhibits
• Help in organizing events led by GES (i.e. Green Drinks)
• Formulate, prepare and/or translate advertising, business and sponsorship documents as agreed on
• Native English speaker or excellent written and oral English skills
• Education/training, experience and/or strong interest and proven skills in Journalism/Creative Writing
• Interest and knowledge about environmental and sustainability matters
• Good IT skills (MS-Office, MS-Outlook, Adobe Photoshop, HTML knowledge of advantage, familiar with online networking platforms); willingness to learn and operate specific Web 2.0 application programs
• Flexible, good communication and organizational skills
• Willingness to take over new upcoming tasks and further develop job position
• Capable of doing tasks independently, self-initiative and precise way of working
• Ideal for graduates or students of higher semester in the field of: environmental sciences, biology, media, business, or English studies
Send your complete application to:
CH – Protected content
or Protected content
For telephone inquiries, call: Protected content .