Join now

Schaffhauserplatz- modern apartment 2.5 room (Zurich)

Hello fellow Zurichers! I am relocating back to the US and am sad to leave my beautiful apartment, but hopefully one of you can take it over.

Monthly rent is CHF Protected content total and includes the following:

Netto-Mietzins Protected content
Akontozahlungen für Heizkosten/ Warmwasser 170
Hauswartung 30

Available July 1

I am right in Schaffhauserplatz at the bus 33, tram 7/11/14/15 stop.

The apartment has:

1 bedroom:
One full wall of built-in closets with mirrors
Electric outlets on every corner
1 window with privacy glass, with multi-position opening, outdoor shutters, and interior roll down blinds to keep the sun out
I have a queen size bed, dresser, night-stand with room to spare

1 bathroom
Full-size bath tub
Separate full-size shower
single sink
More water pressure and hot water than you know what to do with, serious, American style water pressure here
Washer/dryer combination machine
2 walls of windows for amazing light
Built in hamper
Built in storage
Mirrors galor

Living room with open kitchen
4 burner electric glass-top stove
oven
small refrigerator with freezer
A lot of counter space ( not so much with appliances though)
built in granite dining table to match granite counter tops

The apartment has white walls, marble floors throughout with electric floor heating in the bathroom, and hot water/radiant floor heating throughout the rest of the apartment...fear no winter, this apartment will make you sweat if you leave the heat on high.

There is also good lighting in the apartment from the windows and fixtures. I have one floor lamp but never use it as it is not necessary. There are electrical outlets on every corner.

I currently have cablecom internet/cable, works fine.

Monthly electric utilities are about CHF 35 in the summer and CHF 50 in the winter, and I cook quite a bit with the electric stove.

The landlord is amazing and lives/works in the same building. If you have a problem, he takes care of it with a smile on his face. The neighbors are quiet, and to be honest, I have never even met any of them, so you feel like you have a lot of privacy.

Three windows in the living room/kitchen area with roll down blinds to let in the light, or keep out the street scene.

Outside parking right next to the front-door is available from the landlord for perhaps CHF 150/month (approximately, I don't have a car and asked him when I moved here in June).

The neighborhood is quite charming. There are supermarkets/bakeries within 5 min walk, the limmat is 10 minute walk, running trails abound, etc...

As I mentioned, sad to leave, but my future bride awaits me in the US. I will try and take pics soon.

Zurich Forum