I will be doing a 2-day workshop in Indie Filmmaking (small productions with limited budget - invariably how many of us begin).
If you would like to learn more about filming with a dslr and/or the actual process of working on set for an small production, this could be for you. However, I will not go much into production and distribution, ie. financing and "getting the film out there".
There should be minimum 6 and maximum 12 participants. It will be in English.
Requirements: For day one a good grasp of photography.
Location: Zurich (tba)
Costs and dates: Day one would be on June 7 or 8, day two on July 5 or 6. Costs are CHF Protected content both days or CHF Protected content one day only.
Here's are some notes on what I plan to do.
Day one: Shooting with a DSLR. Pros and cons and a basic how-to.
Review of some Hardware
- Shoulder rig
- Matte box & filters
- Follow Focus
- Principles of photography (rule of thirds, 180° rule, effects of aperture & lens, colours, jump cuts)
- Technical aspects (frame rate, bit rate and compression, aspect ratio, white balance, dynamic range, ISO)
- Principles of light (3-point lighting, hard/soft, contrast, direction, temperature)
- Technical aspects (tungsten vs HMI, filters, light sources, metering, Volts/amps/Watts)
Day two: Film production
- Telling a story: Producer, scriptwriter, director and DOP
- Production organization and logistics: UPM and AD
- Crew members and workflows
- Basic editing software (MPEG Streamclip, Final Cut
Pro, colour correction).
- Continuity editing
If you think you might be interested in joining or would like to know more just write me a private message or mail to Protected content
I look forward to hearing from you!