Join now

Yuri's Night Switzerland 2021 & Swiss Space Museum (Zurich)

D A T E & T I M E
Wednesday, April 14th Protected content
19: Protected content

More info at: Protected content

D E S C R I P T I O N
This year marks the 60th anniversary of Yuri Gagarin's historic orbit around the earth which was a major accomplishment for humanity's first steps into space.

To celebrate the occasion, together with the Swiss Space Museum, we will be hosting an online event with inspiring talks from our high-profile guests and panel discussions involving the fascination of being on the frontiers of spaceflight and space research.

For your pleasure and curiosity, we have assembled several extraordinary individuals to talk with us.

We welcome everyone, from space nerds to simply space curious to join us to celebrate Yuri's Night together.

T A L K S
We are pleased to announce the following speakers who will be joining us for a variety of short talks, Q & A, and panel discussions:

• Dr. Thomas Zurbuchen - NASA Associate Administrator Science Mission Directorate
• Prof. Claude Nicollier - Swiss Astronaut​
• Dr. Daniele Piazza - Lead Engineer Space, University of Bern
• Dr. Tatiana Drozhzhova - PostDoc, University of Bern
• Tatiana Volkova - Doctoral assistant PhD, Space Innovation EPFL
• Dr. Christine Corbett Moran - NASA JPL Cybersecurity Engineering Management and Perseverance Mars Rover Operations
• Christian Cardinaux - RUAG Space Mechanical Engineer, The Countdown Company, Analogue Astronaut
• Eleonore Poli - PhD student in Material Science at University of Cambridge, Analogue Astronaut

All talks will be in English.

T I C K E T S
Tickets are free upon registration.

Click here to register: Protected content ...

Registration and access to the Zoom session online - Please note:
Eventbrite will email you a registration confirmation.
We will then email you the Zoom access link separately a day before the event (please check your spam folder).

A B O U T Y U R I ' S N I G H T
Yuri's Night is the World Space Party, an international celebration held every April 12 to commemorate milestones in space exploration. It is named after the first human to launch into space, Yuri Gagarin, who flew the Vostok 1 spaceship on April 12, Protected content .

We hope to see you dream, explore, and celebrate with us at the hundreds of Yuri's Nights events held around the world each April.

P A R T N E R S
This event is brought to you in collaboration with: Swiss Space Museum

Zurich Forum

Our Global Partners